Friday, May 07, 2004

anticlimax

I'm sunburned, stiff and slightly disappointed. The festival is over. It ran as smoothly as roller skates but there were only about 20 guests there to enjoy it.
Weather was superb, the live music was a real treat and all the vendors were delightful to work with.

It was much more like a a party than a festival.
I have little doubt that next year will be a much different event. Everyone was adamant about returning next year and bringing friends. That did make me feel better.

All the vendors I contacted at the last second who were uable to attend also intend to set up next year. We'll see what happens.

I've hatched another idea for a couple months away. I think it will be a lot of fun. I still need a good name for it. It will be an extreme cuisine/Iron Chef sort of deal to kick off our BugFest. We'll invite half a dozen reknowned local chefs to prepare meals in front of paying guests. There will be some mystery ingredients. The mystery ingredients will be insects!
Of course we'll also offer some "traditional" food but I thought that would be a unique event.

I've got some paperwork to follow thru on this week. Boring data entry stuff and then my nights will be for writing.

The computer issues seem to be sorted out now thankfully! It was getting extremely frustrating.

No comments: