Thursday, November 13, 2003

part II

Let's talk about some of the reasons I want to blog. I want to blog to create community, even if its virtual. I want to explore politics and activism . I want to find some like minded creatures. That's really the tough one. I feel eternally on the fringe. If I am in a radical group...i'm not AS radical. If I'm in a conservative group..oooh I'm radical, or freaky, or hippy, or just not part of that tribe. It never used to bother me. But, now, well, its just old. It would be nice to just click with someone and then have a relationshp evolve naturally. And it would be exceptional if that person lived nearby. It would be nice to find an enclave of folks who enjoy the activities I do.

I know part of my angst is never having a relationship mature into what I had with my teen age best friend. Who has silently disappeared off the face of the Earth and who I fear is dead or in some nasty place. We became friends because during a fateful phonecall I talked him out of jumping off his roof. We were inseparable after that. We did the eighties thing together. He lived with me. He came out of the closet to me. I drove all the way to Virginia Beach to visit him when he lived with his twisted military father (who thought we needed another war like Viet Nam, that was a good war). He came back to live with my mother while I lived elsewhere. We were tight.

But, I haven't had that comradery in too many years. My hubby is a fantastic guy but he's not the same. A girl needs a confidante, ya know.

Don't get me wrong. I do meet cool people and I do have some wonderful friends. Its just you miss having a best buddy.

So on a political note, I heard Kucinich on the radio yesterday. He is a Democratic candidate for president. I liked what he had to say. He is an underdog and may not even get a nomination. I am considering voluteering for his campaign. I'm curious how others feel about him.

I think I'm going to go spend some time learning how to use this Blog and set up all my options.

Til next time


No comments: