Saturday, August 19, 2006

octopusdreamsweb


octopusdreamsweb
Originally uploaded by sp8cemunky.

It's coming! Octopus Dreams-Poetry In Baltimore Anthology. Only 250 copies. Would you like to pre- purchase? Visit www.poetryinbaltimore.com or email me: julie@poetryinbaltimore.com

Hey Everybody!

I’ve been busy the last few weeks and now we have “Octopus Dreams- Poetry In Baltimore Anthology One” to show for it! I am so excited to bring this volume to you. It will be ready in late September. ONLY 250 copies printed so if you want to pre-purchase you can do so at www.poetryinbaltimore.com or email me: julie@poetryinbaltimore.com

I have a fantastic editing committee: Dan Cuddy, Leslie F. Miller, Men Maa Aim Ra, Tanefa Wallace and Eric Whitehair. I simply could not have done it without them.
I also want to thank Alan C. Reese at Abcedarian Books for taking this project on at the last second and holding my hand through all of the steps. Justin Sirois for the awesome cover design and artwork. The many artists who submitted work and of course all the poets. Who knew that putting a book together was so much hard work?

I had been daydreaming about this project for months and months. I’d talk about it, whine about it, get all wistful about it and finally with a LOT of support, I shut up and did something. Without Carm Matricciani, Meilena Hauslendale for getting me off my duff and making the Poetry In Baltimore website a reality, Charly Postma, Sophia Matricciani, Eric Ankers, Chip Irvine, Big Carm & Dorothy, Corinne Parks, Niki Matricciani, Gilbert Fisher, Virginia Fisher, Rita Stein, Karla Mancero, Brian Langston, Joe Crespo, Tom Swiss, Steve Yorkman, Mic Life, Bleek, and Daniel Stuelpnagel this project would just not have happened.

Minas and Peggy held the first poetry reading I ever attended at the old store in Fells Point and happily offered the Hampden store for hosting one of my first ever poetry readings. Minas has offered many insights and Peggy ALWAYS gets the press out.
All of the poets and audience members who have come to Enigmatoloy (no longer running) or 52 Fridays or 2nd Sundays or any of the many special events….These poets have made lasting impressions on me, they have been some of the first poets I saw doing what they do best and encouraged me to keep on …David Franks, Olu Butterfly, Ad Lib, 5th L, Linda Joy Burke, Barbara DeCesare, Alice Hellawell, JaHipster, Moira Egan, Gary Blankenburg, Rupert Wondolowski, Mark “Wireman” Coburn, Dan Cuddy, Leslie F. Miller….. I know I’m forgetting someone.

We’re planning some release events and hope to have “Octopus Dreams” available at the Book Festival. Remember-only 250 copies are being printed.


No comments: